Wednesday 20 May 2015

Whats the best angle? (Part 2)

Still very curious to find the best angle for printing, I printed the same pendant at a 45' angle.
 

this is the turnout
 

 
As you can probably deduce for yourself from these images, doing a flat print is the better print option of the two.  

 
After this failed print, I noticed pieces floating in the resin whilst still in the printer. Trying to remove the cartridge I saw that the corner of the film was about to open and a tiny spout of resin was already leaking out. Afraid of what happened the last time I quickly removed the cartridge and contacted the reseller. I was told that there was probably a problem with that batch of cartridges and he will try and source some new cartridges of the FTX cast resin. The problem now is that I am stuck without any of the FTX cast resin so I am forced to now use the FTX green resin. Lets see if I can make this work....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment