Wednesday 20 May 2015

Printing with the FTX Cast resin

For my first print using the FTX Cast resin I've decided to do two pairs of earrings which I've done previously using the FTX green resin. I thought it would be interesting to see the differences between the two resins.


 
The first difference that I've noticed even before seeing the final print was that the time for a complete print  was almost double that of the initial FTX green resin. The other differences were that the supports as well as the completed pieces were significantly larger than the other resin. This was due to the machine automatically taking casting shrinkage into account and increasing the articles size by a specific percentage so that it would be the exact  size when cast. (so I was told by the authorized reseller, still waiting to cast and see for myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment