Monday 8 June 2015

Reaching Boiling Point

After attending the Jewellery council meeting the other night, I was advised to try boiling the resin in the microwave as the usual problem with resins was it absorbed to much of moisture whilst being invested which caused it to swell during burnout hence distorting the casting due to the investment sometimes cracking. I decided to see the difference between just using the UV curing station and boiling it in the microwave.

Both pairs of earrings were cured for 23 hours

Flask 1 - contained just the cured earrings while Flask 2 - was UV cured as well as boiled in the microwave for 150 seconds.

Flask 2 results were better than the casting I had done the previous day however I feel that it didn't help much in terms of the finish.



Flask 1 results were better than flask 2 but there is still the need to cure porosity....I think I should gradually drop the temperature next time.

Flask 2 (results) :




 
Flask 1 (results) :
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment