Monday 8 June 2015

20 Flashes

After reading that the pieces need to be cured more, I printed and flashed 20 times (200 minutes) in the ProJet's curing chamber.


There is a noticeable colour difference between the previous prints that were cured for just 2 cycles


 I also read about investing the flask and letting it sit for 20 min before putting it into a preheated kiln (1700'F)  and doing a 2hour burnout as opposed  to 6 or 8. So I decided to give it a try.

Initially I had forgotten to put the flask in, it was put in after 60 min which resulted to the investment exploding in the kiln.

I then re-invested and put it in the pre-heated kiln after 20min. There was no explosion, thank God.
These are the results



 
I found that the surfaces are porous, maybe I need to cure for longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment