Tuesday 10 March 2015

B-Tech Title Reasoning

During last weeks B-tech meeting, I was asked to try and redefine my title on the spot and I came up with ''The use of automobile design as a reference for creating jewellery.'' I was then questioned why I didn't use the word car instead of automobile, I must admit that initially my response was very weak as I replied ''it just sounded better.'' However I have sat and given this some thought....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/car

I'm not sure if this is just my way of thinking but when people refer to a car my mind always associates it with some form of sedan available on the market... and I usually never think of SUV's or Bakkies.....as people often refer to it being a SUV or Bakkie and not a car. My plan is to use a variety of images on Pinterest being any sort of car ranging from sedans to SUV's. I feel that automobile is the correct choice of word to be used as it does not limit the type of vehicle I am able to use as a reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment