Tuesday 29 April 2014

Air Drying Clay

There is nothing more disappointing and frustrating than having ruined and broken many of the clay sculptures I have tried to create. I sought out the advice of my B-tech peers a few weeks ago and they advised me to use a polymer clay called Fimo. They recommended I use Fimo as the completed sculpture will need to be placed into an oven or microwave for a few minutes to become hard as opposed to clay which needs to be fired in a kiln. Feeling encouraged and optimistic again I headed off to Waltons in search of Fimo, unfortunately they did not stock that product, I was advised to try an air drying modelling clay which is very similar to Fimo apart from the obvious difference with it being air dried rather than heat dried. I haven't tried it just yet. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment