Wednesday 28 May 2014

Not a good week....

Over the past few days, I have been re-doing my Rhino design commissioned for Vijay Shah jewellers. Prior to me starting on the design last week, I was briefed on the client tight budget and was specifically asked to note that each piece of the octagonal bracelet should not weigh more than 6 grams. It didn't seem like such an impossible task and I managed to make each piece weigh just under the 6 gram mark with the minimum metal thickness being 0.4mm which isn't very thin in my opinion (for a cast piece). Since Monday afternoon I was called every day with some minor adjustments from the printing company. Turns out that in order for the company to invest my wax pieces it needs to be dipped and then blow dried and that is where it kept breaking. So a brand new design had to be done with the minimum metal thickness being 0.6mm. hopefully this works out... Wax Printing isn't as easy and simple as everyone makes it out to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment